Thursday 29 September 2011

Calling All Jane Austin Fans

Jane Austin

Arguable one of the greatest writers ever published. Many of you, like me, may have wondered what happened to the characters of your favourite book after it ended, or even before it started. While trying to research a book I wanted to blog about I came across this site. Jane Austin is my Wonderland. A Jane Austin fansite it lists books that are prequels and sequels.  It is in French but you can use google translate, and post say which language the book is published in.

Here is the burning question. Non Jane Austin books featuring Jane Austin characters. Yeahy or Nay

Would love to know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Cant't really say yay or nay as I haven't read any of them but I just had a quick look at that site and a couple caught my eye so I might check them out.

    I've read sequels/prequels and re-imaginings of other authors before and loved them.

    The most recent being The Little Women Letters by Gabrielle Donnelly.

    My favourites being Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Ryhs which is Rhys's interpretation of the life of the mad woman locked in the attic. Bertha becomes Antoinette Cosway in Rhys's story. Another brilliant reinterpretation of a classic is Michael Cunningham's The Hours (my all time favourite book).

    ReplyDelete